After successful completion of their training, AWT Inc.’s students can expect a Job Placement rate of approximately 90%. We achieve this by:
- Assisting with resume preparation.
- Supplying job lists from various Job Search Sites
- Using our industry contacts for job opportunities for the students.
- Faxing or e-mailing resumes and correspondence with companies on the students’ behalf
- Ensuring the students have the proper training and skills to be employable in the welding trade in the shortest time possible.
Sites where students can post their resume and look for
- www.hotjobs.ca (Yahoo)
- www.working.canada.com (National Post)
- www.workopolis.com (Globe & Mail)
Sites where students can get information on the job market:
- www.jobfutures.ca (Government of Canada)
- www.edu.gov.on.ca (Ministry of Education)
- www.hrsdc.gc.ca (Human Resources and Skills Development Canada)
- www.careerccc.org (Canadian Career Consortium)
- www.skillscanada.com (Skills/Competences Canada)
Independent Learning Center - Information on welders aptitude, needed skills, specific duties and career path.
"Recently I hired a student from your school. I just wanted to let you know that she has thus far exceeded my expectations…If I need anyone in the future, I'll call you again. You seem to have a great program and your students seem to have enough knowledge to start with little supervision. As you know new welders need a lot of training and it is nice to know that your school takes the time to teach your students properly. Thanks again."
Jim Wells – Triple Crown Manufacturing, Hamilton